A very quiet Sunday with very little substantive or even new Transfer Gossip. The usual suspects are in the frame:
- William Gallas wants to come to Arsenal, according to his Mr 20%, probably as part of the Cole deal according to the papers
- Eric Abidal is another one whose Mr 20% reckons would welcome the chance to move to the club, claiming they are “too big to turn down”.
- Alou Diarra completes the hattrick of Agents probably speaking out of turn by claiming their client wants to come and reside in London. And play at Arsenal
- Franck Riberry has stated he wants to leave Marseilles and join one particular club, playing in the Champions League. The Mancs are getting excited by claiming it’s them, various Arsenal sites are getting their hopes up but personally I think he’s off to Lyon. No hard evidence of this just a feeling.
- If Abidal joins The Star reckon that Malouda could well keep him company and give us his own unique weekly mediocre performances. Quite why Abidal would need the company of a fellow countryman is not explained.
- A newbie! Apparently, the club have asked about Luca Toni. Not made clear what they asked but just that they asked Fiorentina something. Perhaps they were after his mum’s Spag Bol recipe.
If anything is to happen, I do not expect it before Wednesday – and even then I’m not holding my breath – due to the imminent match in Zagreb. After that, if nothing happens before the weekend, I will not be despondent as the big KO is still a fortnight away.
Meanwhile, the Mutinous Midget has apparently been left out of the Zagreb squad, according to the press because of his impending move across London. I am not one to back Cole but on this occasion I will. Whilst his, ahem, injury is too convenient, he has only been in training for a week so if Henry is not fit to play then Cole is not either. That said, the rumours abound that Kenyon and Dein were negotiating a deal this weekend so he could be off later this week, the fee supposedly £20m.